Co-Leads for the Texas Team Advancing Education Team
Susan Lee, PhD, RN
Helen Reid, MSN, EdD, RN, CNE
What We Do.
- Implement the Texas Wave I grant creating a toolbox for faculty to utilize in educating nursing students regarding the IOM Future of Nursing report, based on results of a statewide survey.
- Assist with implementation of strategies of APIN (Academic Progression in Nursing) II grant, including promoting the 1 + 2 + 1 ADN-to-BSN Pathway, and encouraging underrepresented groups in their journey to BSN, including gender, ethnic and rural minority groups.
- Participate in discussions and shaping of policy with regards to the possible option for community colleges to offer BSN programs.
What We Have Accomplished.
- The percentage of ADNs continuing to BSN or higher education has increased from 15.7% in 2011 to 20.3% in 2013.
- RN to BSN graduates have increased by 88% and enrollments have increased by 95% from 2011 to 2013.
- The percentage of Texas RNs with BSN or higher education rose from 45.6% in 2007 to 52.5% in 2014, crossing the midway point for the first time.